Toni Leland's News for June

Summer's here, and the good weather is energizing in many ways. This month, I joined local magazines, Connecticut Horse and Massachusetts Horse, as editor. These are great publications and I'm pleased to be part of the team.

The "Meet a Farmer" series in the Norwich Bulletin is growing, and I'm meeting a lot of interesting and hard-working people as I work through a long list of eastern Connecticut farms. So far, mushrooms, lavender, local ice cream, bison, and berries have been featured. Traveling to these beautiful farms on a sunny summer day just doesn't seem like work!

Love container gardening? Check out my "Toni's Garden column" in Norwich Magazine for June.

The summer issue of Sound & Country features three of my articles. I think that's an all-time record. Enjoy reading about the best-kept secrets of golf course restaurants, hometown favorite haunts in Westerly, Rhode Island, and a run-down of all the unique festivities at two of Rhode Island's historic inns.

My own gardens are coming along nicely, and I'm starting to see the first butterflies investigating my early-blooming perennials. Ahhh, life is good.