Book Review: Gardening with Less Water: Low-Tech, Low-Cost Techniques

by Toni Leland

Gardening with Less Water: Low-Tech, Low-Cost Techniques by David A. Bainbridge got me really excited to start utilizing some of the ideas in my own garden. While I have less concern about drought here in New England, I hate wasting water by any means. But I also want my gardens to thrive. Bainbridge discusses some of the oldest techniques in the world, why they work, how they work, and how to adapt the ideas to your own garden. Buried clay pots and porous capsules are easy and very effective. Other methods take more time and effort, but the end result is amazing.

After describing the types of water conservation and distribution, the author gives many water-wise tips about rainwater harvesting nd landscaping for water catchment. This book is a real keeper! 
More about this book.